Announcements

Reply to this postStart new topic

Still Alive!

Deji
post Jun 5 2017, 10:27 PM
Post #1

Coding like a Rockstar!

Group Icon

Well well, here you are, maybe. I definitely should have posted this sooner but lets be fair, neither of us have been very active on here in a long while...

GTAGaming as you may know has decided to call it in after over a decade of life due to some unfortunate events. This of course means the hosting to our home was shut down, rather unexpectedly however. While I did see where GTAGaming was eventually headed and probably should have cared more earlier on, GTAG Modding was unaffected until GTAGaming eventually went into 'Archive Mode'. Apparently, emails were sent out to 'hosted sites' (not that I recall any others existing after thegtadomain.com got its own host name...) warning that the hosting would be shut down. Unfortunately I hadn't checked the GTAG domain emails in quite some time.

I should have already thought to get this site on its own domain much earlier so I'd be able to actually redirect gtag.gtagaming.com to here properly, at least for some time. However due to other life commitments I guess I didn't think I would end up saving this site if it came down to it, and I guess I was just procrastinating and hoping the site would remain up until I changed my mind. That didn't happen until I actually tried to visit the site and it wasn't there anymore. It kinda kicked in then how much I and others put into this site and how much it means not only to me, but possibly to quite a few others, though certainly not clear from forum activity, and that this site now has so much unique and valuable modding documentation and resources that I couldn't let it die.

So, GTAG Modding lives for now!

And it may even continue to grow. I 'plan' (see you in a few years maybe) to do some serious updates on the site from the ground up, securing, modernising and adding more features so GTAG Modding can continue to pursue its unique dedication to the GTA modding community.

As for now, everything is exactly as it was when it went down, except for two details. The first is the ads are gone, good riddance. I'll let any hardcore GTAG Modding fan see if they can spot the second tiny difference (hint: on the front page).

Update your bookmarks:

https://GTAGModding.com

Damn that looks good, https and everything wink.gif

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Spider-Vice
post Jun 7 2017, 02:48 AM
Post #2

In motus...

Group Icon

Hey, I still visited from time to time! What I wondered about for some time was your whereabouts! Great to see you're still thriving in the GTA modding community, no one else to finish this documentation wink.gif

<- My avatar from 2011 still thrives as well.

+Quote Post
Deji
post Jun 7 2017, 11:44 PM
Post #3

Coding like a Rockstar!

Group Icon

Dunno about thriving but I'm on the outskirts, slowly making more plans than I can achieve as always.

Good to see you man.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Seemann
post Jun 10 2017, 06:43 PM
Post #4

The New Guy!

Good to see it up and running!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Deji
post Jun 13 2017, 10:44 AM
Post #5

Coding like a Rockstar!

Group Icon

Hmm... it's going to take a while before I stop habitually typing gtag.gta...

--------------------

+Quote Post
NTAuthority
post Jun 15 2017, 06:41 PM
Post #6

The New Guy!

Oh, just found out this actually still exists. Hi!

+Quote Post
Deji
post Jun 16 2017, 09:55 PM
Post #7

Coding like a Rockstar!

Group Icon

QUOTE (NTAuthority @ Jun 15 2017, 07:41 PM) *
Oh, just found out this actually still exists. Hi!

Oh my, you actually still exist! Nice to see ya!

--------------------

+Quote Post
robin_be
post Jun 20 2017, 10:08 AM
Post #8

The New Guy!

Glad to see gtag back online! I always have the opcodedb open when I'm doing scm/cleo stuff and the wayback machine didn't have everything archived (and is pretty slow).
Cheers thumbsup.gif

+Quote Post
Reply to this postStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: